- £39,076 - £44,714 per year
- Contract Type:
- Permanent & Temporary
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
The Aberdeen City Health & Social Care Partnership (ACHSCP) are a caring partnership working together with our communities to enable people to achieve fulfilling and healthier lives. We are looking to invest in highly motivated individuals who can take us forward on our journey to embed our vision and support people in our communities to be independent and resilient. As part of our ongoing recruitment drive, we are looking for skilled workers with a social work background to embark upon an exciting journey within our services.
We have a range of Senior Practitioner roles in Learning Disability and the Hospital Social Work Team, with permanent and fixed term positions available.
Successful candidates will have line management responsibilities for part of the team as well as being expected to undertake some Care Management Duties, including a Council Officer Role under Adult Support and Protection.
We value flexibility, adaptability & commitment. Successful candidates will join a team of individuals open to change & innovation as we strive to strengthen Social Work services in Aberdeen
For further information on the roles, please contact:
Nicola McLean: Service Manager for Hospital Social Work on 556201 or
Katharine Paton, Service Manager for Learning Disability Services on 523466
To provide day to day support to a team of Care Managers and Care Coordinators by contributing to the provision of a comprehensive, intensive Community Care Service to individuals, their families and carers as part of an integrated, multidisciplinary team. The job holder will contribute directly to the development and improvement of service provision, in particular around interventions that are urgent, short-term or planned long term with individuals who have complex health and social care needs.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- Professional qualification in Social Work (Dip SW, CQSW, CSS, Occupational Therapy, Nursing or equivalent)
- PVG checked
- SSSC registered
- Registered as a Council Officer through Adult Support Protection
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- The ability to work in a flexible and creative way in order to achieve Best Value for the organisation
- Competence with a range of ICT packages including MS Office
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of assessing risk including child protection issues
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Experience of conducting assessments and of report writing
- Experience of working with older people and their families
- Experience of arranging and chairing meetings
- Experience of care planning
- Experience of managing the day to day running of an establishment
- Experience of financial management
- Experience of collaborative working
- Experience of managing a team and giving supervision
Please see the Job Profile for further information.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs