- Marischal College, Broad Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- £39,076 - £47,846 per year
- Contract Type:
- Permanent & Temporary
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for".
Location: Marischal College
Duration: 6 posts Full Time (37 hours)
3 x Permanent
3 x Fixed Term (till 27/08/22)
Aberdeen City Council (ACC) and NHS Grampian (NHSG) delegate a wide range of adult health and social care services to Aberdeen City Health & Social Care Partnership (ACHSCP). We have a real focus on improving health and wellbeing outcomes and enabling people to live at home or as independently as possible and are ambitious to become one of the leading health and social care partnerships in Scotland. The aspirations of our partnership are ambitious, and significant work is required to enable our strategic priorities to be delivered.
We are now seeking to recruit enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals, who can work flexibly across a range of projects and programmes of work. There are 3 x Permanent and 3 x Temporary vacancies.
The programmes of work include:
- Services and Pathways
The post holder will work as part of the Aberdeen Health and Social Care Partnership’s Strategy and Transformation Teamwork as part of a team to plan, manage and implement several high-profile and high-risk projects within the Aberdeen City Health and Social Care Partnership’s (ACHSCP) Projects and Programme of work.
The postholder will be responsible for all aspects of project management, with a clear focus on the successful delivery of projects, which contribute to the ACHSCP’s strategic aims and objectives and improve operational efficiency and service delivery. You will be required to provide project leadership and management on a range of projects to deliver appropriate projects on time, on budget and to the required level of quality.
Candidates should have a formal project management qualification. You should also have experience of leading a project team and delivery of multi-disciplined projects in a health and/or social care environment.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held via teams on 26th & 27th October.
For informal enquiries please contact either of the following,
Ali Chapman, Programme Manager email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Susie Downie, Programme Manager email: email@example.com
Please note that these posts can be employed via Aberdeen City Council or NHS Grampian at the following grades:
Aberdeen City Council: G14 (£39,076 - £44,714)
NHS Grampian: Band 7 (£40,872 - £47,846)
Candidates need only apply via one organisation.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
• Specialist knowledge and expertise acquired through post graduate education or equivalent qualification experience in project management and specialist knowledge.
• A postgraduate qualification in relevant field or evidence of equivalent experience
• Project or Programme Management Training or equivalent experience
• Membership of Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme or willingness to join
• Evidence of specialist knowledge of programme management, co-ordination and evaluation skills including working with external agencies (NHS Grampian, Local Authority and Voluntary / Third Sector)
• There is a requirement to travel to multiple locations across the city.
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
• Programme / project management skills
• Partnership building skills
• Ability to develop effective relationships
• an ability to work autonomously
• Negotiating skills and an ability to mediate to achieve change
• Proven leadership skills and an ability to persuade, motivate and support others to take forward change
• Ability to lead and motivate staff/ partners and to manage resources effectively
• Budget management knowledge and competence, including financial resource planning and deployment and contingency planning
• Innovative use of all Locality assets / resources
• Competence in understanding and working within a democratic system of governance
• Ability to build, lead and motivate multi-sector and community partnerships.
• Experience in leading and delivering change processes
• Proven interpersonal and negotiating skills
• A commitment to anti-discriminatory practice
• Excellent communication skills
• IT Literacy
Please see Job Profile for further details
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs