- Various Locations in Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- £18.13 - £20.71 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 37 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Various locations across Aberdeen City
Duration: Permanent, Full Time and Part Time
We have Social Worker posts available across all adult services inc Older people and physical disabilities, Learning disabilities criminal justice and drug and alcohol services. These posts are suitable for full and part time working and we operate a hybrid model of working.
To undertake all statutory duties as required by legislation and deliver a statutory social work service to adults in all service user groups.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- Professional Social Work Qualification (BA Social Work qualification or equivalent DipSW, CQSW)
- SSSC Registration
The post holder will be expected to:
- Travel as required in relation to the needs of the service
- Work in accordance with Adult, Child and Public Protection principles and procedures
- Maintain SSSC registration
- Adhere to the requirements of the SSSC code of practice, council policy and procedures and health and safety policies and legislation
The post holder needs to be able to demonstrate an understanding or experience of:
- Practice, policy and procedure relevant to the post
- Adult and Child Protection
- Anti-discriminatory practice
- Working directly with service users in crisis, their families and carers
- ITC systems and office procedures including administration and using computer packages including Microsoft office
Please see the Job Profile for further information.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs