- Marischal College, Broad Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- £18.13 - £20.71 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Marischal College or Mastrick Social Work Office
Duration: Permanent / Full and Part time posts available
As a newly qualified social worker working within fieldwork services, you will experience a strong culture of coaching and mentoring through exposure to the role alongside an experienced colleague who will provide active role modelling. If you are an experienced social worker your contribution to our continuous development will be both valued and appreciated. Our approach to leadership is one of high support and high challenge within which staff benefit from regular reflective supervision.
We have posts available within our fieldwork teams which deliver support, intervention and assessment to children living within their families of origin and within our permanence and care team where it is assessed that children cannot return to the care of their families.
These posts offer an opportunity for recently trained social workers to grow and develop their professional identity and skills and for more experienced colleagues the diversity of work offers the opportunity for skills development and broadening out of experience.
If you have an interest in any of these posts, please do not miss out on the opportunity to discuss further with Susanne Somerville and Tam Walker, Service Managers by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Provide a high quality systemic social work service within a social work unit or team to respond to the needs of children and their families in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines. Be accountable for work undertaken with children and families, which includes assessing needs, planning and delivering focused interventions to safeguard children and developing plans to promote positive outcomes.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- BA Social Work qualification or equivalent DipSW, CQSW
- SSSC Registration
The post holder will be expected to:
- participate in responding to unplanned calls or events within the Unit and the Partner Unit
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- A Commitment to the principles of the Social Work Unit model
- The ability to assess and balance risk and protective factors within a child
- The ability to assess needs, formulate and implement effective social work
- The ability to prioritise tasks, manage own workload and be accountable for
quality case work with children and families to achieve positive outcomes
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and build
rapport with a range of individuals including children and families and other
- The ability to negotiate effectively to reach a resolution and successfully
- The ability to deal with complex issues in a sensitive and appropriate manner
- The ability to use information management systems to maintain accurate
management information and high quality data
- Ability to analyse and evaluate complex information to produce high quality
concise reports to inform quality casework and business decisions
- The ability to provide social work interventions to children and families and
present concise reports about complex information as required to internal,
external audiences including presenting in Court
- Ability to use research findings and statutory guidance to inform social work
For further information, please see the attached job profile.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs"