Homecarers (Garioch and Formartine)Favourite
|Closes:||Sunday, 25th March 2018|
|Published:||Friday, 9th March 2018|
|Location:||Various Locations In Aberdeenshire|
|Rate:||£9.55 - £9.95 per hour|
|Contract Type:||Permanent & Temporary|
|Position Type:||Part Time|
|Category:||Social Services / Housing / Childcare|
For some people the daily living tasks, which many of us take for granted, can become very difficult. That’s why our Home carers are so vital. They can assist with anything from personal care to assisting with meals to some domestic tasks and general support and guidance.
You are the kind of person who wants more out of your job. You know that by contributing to your community, you will help other people stay part of it. So naturally, you are very important to us.
Bring all the right people skills – patience, enthusiasm, punctuality, compassion – and we will offer you the chance of a fulfilling career along with fantastic training opportunities which may lead to qualifications.
Areas available: Garioch
Inverurie 2x 24 hours, (4 x 6 hr shifts) 1x18 (3 x 6 hour shifts) and 2x12 (2 x 6 hrs shifts)
Westhill 1 x 24 hours, (4 x 6 hr shifts) 1 x 18 hours, (3 x 6 hour shifts) & 1x12 (2 x 6 hrs shifts)
Kemnay 1 x 18 hours, (3 x 6 hour shifts) and 1 x12. (2 x 6 hrs shifts)
Insch - 1x 18 (3 x 6 hours shifts) 1x 24 (4 x 6 hr shifts) 1x12 (2 x 6 hrs shifts)
Ellon 2 x 18 (3 x 6 hr shifts) 2 x 12 (2x 6 hrs shifts) 1x 6 hr shift
Pitmedden 1 x18 hrs, (3 x 6 hour shifts)
This post is regulated work with Children and/or Protected Adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of 2 references. One of these must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal Enquiries to: Tracey Loakes, Home Care Manager (Garioch & Formartine) 01467 536402
Provide care and support to service users and their families within their own homes to manage aspects of daily living, allowing service users to live independently, and promoting their rights, autonomy and choices.
This role will require flexible, evening and weekend working.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
- Assist and support the service user in a person centred approach to undertake the activities of daily living to help maintain their quality of life and remain at home as per the outcomes and goals identified in their personal plans and in adherence to National Care Standards
- Provide or assist with intimate personal care when required
- Follow procedural guidelines and complete appropriate recording documentation in required formats
- Contribute information in review of service users and updated personal plans
- Work closely with other professionals and informal carers in order to achieve optimum independence for individual users
- Use hand held device in order to access work schedules and record hours worked
- Report accurate and relevant information to appropriate person to assist with the quality of service provision
- Academic achievement to Scottish National Level 4 or 5, Standard Grades or equivalent transferable experience and skills
- Current valid driving licence
- Ability to work on own initiative and within service required guidelines
- Ability to build and sustain appropriate professional relationships within the team and family members
- Ability to communicate clearly to service users and other professionals using a range of communication methods
- Understanding of the needs and rights of older people and people with disabilities
- Ability to cope with demanding work from both a physical and emotional perspective
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential and or sensitive matters
- SVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or agreement to undertake in post within specified period
- Willing to commit to training in order to achieve SSSC Registration
- Experience of working in a care setting
- Ability to work in challenging situations with diplomacy and tact
- Knowledge of Health and Safety standards in the workplace