Relief Coaching AssistantFavourite
|Closes:||Sunday, 1st April 2018|
|Published:||Monday, 5th March 2018|
|Location:||Various Locations In Aberdeenshire|
|Rate:||£8.51 per hour|
|Category:||Sport / Culture / Library|
To assist in delivering quality coaching activities under instruction of a Senior Coach / Coach.
This post may require working irregular and unsocial hours which may include weekends.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be from your current or most recent employer.
Hours: Relief, as and when required
Interviews week of 09.04.18
Informal Enquiries to: Fraser Govan, 01467 537899
- Assist in delivering quality coaching sessions for a specific target group, under the direction of a lead coach, taking into account individual and group coaching needs.
- Ensure the provision of safe and enjoyable delivery of service to all customers
- Comply with Aberdeenshire’s normal operating procedures for Health & Safety for the activity undertaken including equipment and the supervision of participants as part of your duty of care.
- Assist with undertaking the general administration for each programme or session.
- Maintain links with the relevant lead coach or sports coordinator, to ensure quality services, and where appropriate, assist with quality assurance systems.
- Demonstrate experience in assisting coaching delivery
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to defined locations for activity delivery across Aberdeenshire
- Able to communicate effectively with young people and adults
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- UK Coaching certificate level 1 or equivalent
- An understanding of risk assessment and knowledge of Health and safety
- An understanding and knowledge of Child Protection
- An understanding of monitoring and evaluation procedures to aid session development
- Attendance at Positive Coaching Scotland Workshop