- Negotiable, PA31 8RT
- £30,020 - £32,629 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Service: Development and Economic Growth
Closing Date: Thursday 15th December 2022
We are seeking a key frontline member of staff to join our area Housing Team in Mid Argyll and Kintyre.
The post holder will:
- Implement the Local Housing Strategy through provision of advice on housing options which support independent living and improve property condition.
- provide appropriate support, advice and assistance to owners, tenants and landlords seeking Council intervention on issues of maintenance and repair of private sector houses
- Ensure that the Council fulfils its statutory obligations to homeless people in terms of provision of temporary accommodation
- Assess applications to the Housing Service in terms of the Scheme of Assistance
- Engage with owner occupiers and private landlords to promote and deliver housing options information and advice
- Pro-actively engage with partners to meet housing needs
- Manage Private Sector Housing Grant case lists including assessment and recommendation for financial assistance, payments of grants and small scale default works.
- Survey houses against the legislative standards (BTS, RS and SHQS), provide appropriate advice to owners, tenants and landlords and recommend appropriate actions in terms of the LHS and scheme of assistance.
- Liaise with Care and Repair and the OT Service on the provision of adaptations for older and disabled people.
- Manage furnished temporary accommodation with a minimum loss of rental income, whilst ensuring that the accommodation is maintained to a satisfactory letting standard.
- Instruct repairs to furnished temporary accommodation in accordance with the terms of the tenancy agreement.
- Verify and input data for housing systems.
- Participate in the out of hour’s response service when necessary to meet the requirements of the service.
- The housing service has operated as a virtual service during the Covid pandemic and at the present time staff continue to work from home.
This is a permanent, full time post, 35 hrs per week, worked Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm with an hour for lunch.
The successful candidate will meet the following Essential Criteria:
- 3 Highers or equivalent City and Guilds
- Experience of front line customer service
- Knowledge of building maintenance
- Knowledge of housing legislation
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Awareness of customer focused service delivery
It is desirable that the post holder has:
- Accredited Housing Qualification and Professional Development Award in Housing Advice Level 7.
- Chartered Institute of Housing qualification
- Construction and/or building maintenance related experience.
- Knowledge of private sector housing grants and common repairs obligations.
Applicants should note that:-
This post is not suitable for job share
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
If you would like clarification on any information contained within the vacancy advert and/or the job description you will require to speak with the recruiting manager, who is Flora Lamont, Team Lead - Housing Operations, email@example.com, 01631572183.
Please note that you cannot apply for this vacancy by contacting the recruiting manager, applications must be made by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
Please also note that we do not accept CVs, only applications completed and submitted via the Apply Now button on this page.
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about our commitment to this please visit Equality & Diversity Policy