|Closes:||Friday, 2nd February 2018|
|Published:||Friday, 12th January 2018|
|Location:||Mid Argyll Community Hospital & Integrated Care Centre, Blarbuie Road, Lochgilphead|
|Salary:||£32,775 - £35,841 per year|
|Hours:||35.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Organisation:||Argyll & Bute Council|
|Category:||Social Services / Housing / Childcare|
Department: Health and Social Care Partnership
Closing Date: 2nd February 2018
Argyll & Bute Council are looking to recruit a temporary, full time Social Worker/Mental Health Officer to cover maternity leave within the Mid Argyll and Kintyre Mental Health team.
The post holder will be required to provide a specialist mental health social work service to clients with mental illness, working where appropriate with colleagues from health and other agencies.
The post holder will be required to undertake statutory MHO duties under mental health, incapacity and criminal justice legislation and care management for people with mental health.
The anticipated end date for this post is November 2018.
Applicants should note that:-
- This post is suitable for job share.
- This is a temporary post which may be filled on a secondment basis by an employee wishing to gain experience/career development and will be at the discretion of the employee’s director.
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2013, as amended, applies to this post.
- This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) Membership in relation to working with Adults and Children.
- This post requires registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
- You will be required to participate in standby or other out of hour's service arrangements, as appropriate.
- The successful applicant will be required to travel effectively and efficiently throughout Argyll & Bute and beyond to meet the needs of the service.
How to Apply:-
- For information relating to the duties and the requirements of this post, please contact Jacqueline Osbourne, Team Leader on 01546 604351.
- If you are experiencing difficulty applying online and require assistance, please contact a member of the HR and Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01546 604334, quoting the post reference ARB02667/HAW00176.
See also:HAW00176 - Social Worker.doc
Information For Applicants.docx
PVG Information Sheet - Children & Protected Adults.docx