Cleaning Operative - Bruntsfield Primary School
- Bruntsfield Primary School, 12 Montpelier, Edinburgh, EH10 4NA
- £21,133 - £21,434 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 10 hours per week
Bruntsfield Primary School
Salary: £21,133 - £21,434 (pro rata for part time and sessional)
Hours: 10 per week, 40 weeks sessional
06:00-08:00 Monday to Friday
16:00-18:00 Monday to Friday
As a cleaner with the Council, you'll be a key member of our Facilities Management team. You'll deliver a vital cleaning service across our estate to ensure our properties are safe and clean places to work or learn in.
MAJOR TASKS/JOB ACTIVITIES
• To empty litter and recycling bins.
• The cleaning of all surfaces, internal glass, floors, furniture, fixtures and fittings within a group of buildings.
• The cleaning of all sanitary areas, toilets and showers and the replenishment of washroom consumables.
• Emergency and re-active cleaning as required, e.g. removal of graffiti, body fluid spillages, accidental spillages.
• The care and cleanliness of all equipment used in carrying out the above duties.
• Other tasks as may reasonably be required that relate to the role, including supporting cleaning tasks across other buildings where required.
• The post holder will be required to deliver to the cleaning specification requirements and to cooperate with performance measurement so that the overall agreed standards are met.
Please see the supporting documents for more information about the role.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
We're committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits that a diverse workforce with different values, beliefs, experience, and backgrounds brings to us as an organisation.
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs