- Waverley Court 4 East Market Street, EH8 8BG
- £37,589 - £44,934 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
Senior Change and Delivery Officer - fixed term until 30/06/2023
Salary: £37,589 - £44,934
Hours: 36 per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Change and Delivery Officer to lead on delivery of the Smart Cities Operation Centre at the City of Edinburgh Council.
This role is part of a Scottish Cities Alliance 8th City European Regional Development Fund grant, enabling investment in a foundational platform and sensors to drive insight and proactive delivery of services.
You will be charged with the day-to-day delivery of the project, working with stakeholders across the council and private sector to establish a platform that uses data and technology to increase efficiency, maximise the potential of grant funding and provide better services to Edinburgh’s citizens, businesses and visitors.
This role is best suited to an individual who has a passion for delivering change programmes, has excellent organisation skills and enjoys working collaboratively in a fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading and managing a European Regional Development Fund project with comparable scope, size and complexity within the public or private sector. Applicants will need demonstrate ability to interpret, analyse and report on a range of complex information for a variety of audiences using appropriate communication channels.
The following areas of experience / knowledge / interest are also essential:
- Experience managing IT/Digital transformation projects with complex multiple changes including business processes and financial/management reporting;
- Ability to manage partnership working and networking with key stakeholders, e.g. service managers, citizens, voluntary sector, business communities, government and public agencies;
- Management and reporting of operational budgets related to project delivery;
- Delivering transformation projects for local or national government;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Excellent organisational skills and experience leading on technology projects;
- Developing funding projects and working within reporting frameworks
- Monitoring of project outcomes/benefits; and
- Overseeing business change activities.
This role will suit a project manager or project delivery officer with a drive to always exceed expectations. You will be passionate about project delivery, striving to work within a challenging yet extremely rewarding environment. You must be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or have extensive relevant experience.
We're committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits that a diverse workforce with different values, beliefs, experience, and backgrounds brings to us as an organisation.
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range. For roles in grade 5 or above, annual increments in our contribution zones are dependent on achieving agreed performance goals.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs