- Location: Menstrie Primary School, Elmbank, FK11 7AP
- Salary: £32,959.53 - £37,084.03 per year pro rata
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Menstrie Nursery is a new build establishment in the grounds of Menstrie Primary School and will open in January 2020. The nursery will be open all year offering early learning and child care from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and will cater for eligible 2 year olds and 3-5 year olds from across Clackmannanshire The current nursery class has been identified as an Early Learning and Childcare setting of innovation, one of only six establishments across Scotland.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious and motivated Depute Head to be at the heart of Clackmannanshire’s drive for improving outcomes for all our children. As the new Depute Head of Establishment you will have the personal drive commitment and passion to lead the staff team and the skills to work with partners in the community to ensure our children and their families get the right support when they need it.
Closing date is Sunday 24th November 2019
Assessment centre and interview will be held on Thursday 28th November 2019
The Depute Head will:
- Support the performance and continuous improvement of the Nursery through the creation of a positive culture and ethos; teamwork and flexibility.
- In providing sound advice and professional guidance to staff, will promote at all times high-quality service delivery, which draws-upon current research in early years practice.
- Promote and uphold at all times the vision, values and aims of the Council and the Education Service
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. You will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by Clackmannanshire Council.
Should you have difficulty in accessing the documents and wish to request a paper application pack along with an application form please call 01259 452244 (24 hrs) and leave your details along with the reference number of the post.
Please note that if you are selected for interview you will be notified by e-mail.