Revenues Collection Assistant, Town Hall, StornowayFavourite
|Closes:||Monday, 31st July 2017|
|Published:||Thursday, 13th July 2017|
|Location:||Town Hall, Cromwell Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis|
|Salary:||£7,720 - £8,245 per year|
|Hours:||14.80 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Organisation:||Comhairle nan Eilean Siar|
Based in Stornoway, you will contribute to the delivery of the following functions:
- Daily banking income administration
- House and car loan administration
- Monitoring the implementation of Audit and Improvement Action Plans
- Non-Domestic rates (NDR) collection
- Sundry Debt administration and collection
- Council Tax processing and collection
- Dealing with customer enquiries and liaison with the Comhairle’s Customer Services Team
- Electronic Document Management
- Fraud referral
- Testing of changes to IT systems
- Validation and quality assurance.
You should be educated to HNC level or have equivalent experience. You must have: basic knowledge of processes within revenue collection; good customer service skills; the ability to achieve performance targets; the ability to explain entitlement and assessment of reductions clearly to customers; the ability to handle situations where customers may be upset, angry or aggressive.
Salary for the above post is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance. Appointment to the post will be on the first point of grade with annual incremental progression.