Graduate (10) Temporary
||Tuesday, 16th May 2017
||Tuesday, 18th April 2017
||Various locations within Dumfries and Galloway, Council Offices, English Street, Dumfries
||£8.33 per year
||36.00 hours per week
£8.33 Per Hour
Our Council is committed to the economic development of Dumfries and Galloway and recognises that a Graduate Experience Employment Programme can play a significant role in realising this objective.
Consequently we are seeking to recruit 10 Graduates in a variety of roles across a number of Council Services. This Programme is designed to provide you with a structured and valuable work experience related to your recent degree studies, which will enhance your skills and experience and increase your future employability.
Please see www.myjobscotland.gov.uk for details on how to apply. You will be asked to identify the 3 projects you are most interested in.
The Graduate posts are offered on a temporary basis for a period of 8 months, during which you will take ownership of a specific piece of work focusing on Service improvement or change activities within our Council. You will be playing an important role in the achievement of our Council priorities. In return you will be offered a range of learning, development and networking opportunities as well as dedicated mentoring and coaching to support your development.
Projects for this year’s Programme are:
1. Corporate CRM Upgrade- Business Development
2. Homeless Service Customer Engagement Framework Development
3. Procurement of Framework Service Contracts
4. Promotion of the regions natural assets and development of the use of digital communications
5. Development of a public safety promotion programme and material targeting anti-social behaviour across Dumfries and Galloway
6. Developing Social and Community Transport
7. Procurement and Commercial Improvement Programme
8. General Data Protection Regulation Preparation Programme
9. Records Management- Open Data
10. Year of Young People 2018
Further detail of the Programme and the Projects are available in the Graduate Employment Experience Programme 2017-18 Prospectus on www.dumgal.gov.uk
To be eligible to apply for these posts, you must be degree qualified in an area relevant to the post(s) you are applying for and you must have received your degree within the last 18 months.
Additionally, you will also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You live in Dumfries & Galloway and graduated with your degree from any institution (including those outwith Dumfries & Galloway).
- You graduated with your degree from an institution based within Dumfries & Galloway
- Your secondary education was in Dumfries & Galloway and you graduated with your degree from any institution (including those outwith Dumfries & Galloway).
- Your parents/immediate family reside in Dumfries & Galloway, and you graduated with your degree from any institution (including those outwith Dumfries & Galloway).
Comfortable working alone or as part of a team, you will have experience of producing a high standard of written work as well as carrying out research tasks and presenting findings. You will also be IT literate and familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Working in a demanding role, you will be proactive, flexible and enthusiastic with strong organisational skills and an ability to communicate effectively through a variety of methods. You will also have experience of undertaking project work and will be committed to advancing your own personal development.
Dumfries and Galloway Council applies a Living Wage Supplement to all Council employees earning less than £8.33 per hour.
It is anticipated that an Assessment Centre will take place on Monday 12th June 2017 and that successful Graduates will start placements on Monday 28th August 2017.
For further information please contact: Dumfries and Galloway Council Organisational Development & HR - 030 33 33 3003