- Various locations within Dumfries and Galloway, Council Offices, English Street, Dumfries, DG1 2DD
- £250 per day
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 25 days per year
CHAIRPERSON OF THE DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY TACKLING POVERTY AND INEQUALITIES PARTNERSHIP
£250 Per Day
What the Partnership does
The role of the Chair is to lead the Dumfries & Galloway Tackling Poverty and Inequalities Partnership, ensuring it meets its responsibilities for the delivery of our regions Tackling Poverty and Inequalities Strategy 2021-2026. The Chair's role is also to work in partnership with the Dumfries & Galloway Community Planning Partnership and all its members, to progress the Dumfries & Galloway Tackling Poverty and Inequalities Partnership Action Plans and ensure that key milestones are being met and also to work collaboratively with the partners to further develop our work in tackling poverty & inequalities.
The Dumfries & Galloway Community Planning Partnership agreed in March 2021, the following Terms of Reference for the Partnership;
- To drive forward the Community Planning Tackling Poverty and Inequalities Strategy through a shared Action Plan
- To work on and develop collaborative projects that Tackle Poverty & Inequalities
- To share advice from a “lived experience” perspective
- To access expertise from other areas and at national level and share our work with them
- To identify any hidden barriers to access and participation and ways of overcoming them
- To create opportunities for engagement between partner organisations and people experiencing poverty
- Act as a forum for consultation, engagement and information exchange
- To take a partnership approach to the monitoring and evaluation of the shared Action Plan reporting to CPP Board.
- You can find out more about the partnership including copies of the strategy, action plans, and the membership at https://www.dumgal.gov.uk/communityplanning/article/24187/Poverty- and-Inequalities-Partnership
Skills and Experience
We are seeking a highly experienced, credible and confident leader to take on this exciting role that will play a key role in tackling poverty and inequalities in Dumfries and Galloway.
You will be experienced in leading an organisation or partnership within the Third Sector or Statutory Sector including leading partnership meetings and ensuring that progress is made against the agreed action plans for Tackling Poverty and Inequalities 2021-2026.
You will be comfortable working with a range of different groups, including volunteers with lived experience of poverty, Elected Representatives and Chief Officers.
What the commitment is
The postholder is expected to provide 25 days per year to the position.
Benefits – Training - Expenses
You will receive a comprehensive introduction into the role and we will work with you to carry out a training needs analysis so that we are able to offer any training that you feel you would require in order to fulfil this role effectively.
You will also receive payment of £250 per day for this role paid by Dumfries & Galloway Council on behalf of the Community Planning Partnership (For 25 days per year), full out of pocket expenses for any work that you do in relation to the partnership as well as any other practical materials including computer and stationary.
You will receive support from our Poverty and Inequalities Team to enable you to fulfil all of the various aspects of this exciting opportunity.
For more information on the role, or a confidential discussion, please contact:
Lead Officer for Tackling Poverty and Inequalities, Dumfries and Galloway Council Mark.Molloy@dumgal.gov.uk
The process that has been agreed for the selection of the Chair is as follows:
Monday 8th May – Applications Open
Wednesday 24th May – Application Close
W/B Monday 29th May – Shortlisting Process
W/B Monday 12th June – Interviews