- Various locations within Dumfries and Galloway, Council Offices, English Street, Dumfries, DG1 2DD
- £9.90 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Social Enterprise Graduate Project (Fixed Term – 12 months)
Scottish Living Wage - £9.90 per hour
Closing date: 4th September 2022 (at midnight)
Dumfries and Galloway recognise that Social Enterprises are changing the world for the better. Like traditional businesses, they aim to make a profit, however it is what they do with their profits that sets them apart – reinvesting or donating to create positive social change. In order to improve the level of skills within our communities and region, and to provide meaningful employment to encourage our Graduates to stay in the region, we have a rewarding opportunity to gain genuine and worthwhile workplace, local experience enhancing skills, knowledge, and overall employability.
We are seeking to recruit FOUR GRADUATES in different projects across Dumfries and Galloway, within 4 different Social Enterprise Organisations. Each of the Graduate projects is built around one or more of the ambitions from the South of Scotland Regional Economic Partnership - Regional Economic Strategy (dumgal.gov.uk), which are; -
- Theme 1 – Skilled and Ambitious People
- Theme 3 – Rewarding and Fair Work
- Theme 6 – Thriving and Distinct Communities
The four Graduates projects will each be employed by one of the following four Social Enterprises. Each Project has contact details listed below, should you wish to have an informal discussion, or arrange an on-site visit – in addition, please see the additional page of information for each project.
- Community Development Trainee Consultant, Creetown Initiative
Contact: Chris Ward, Manager 07720240493 email@example.com
- Inclusive Development and Knowledge Exchange Enabler, Inspired Community Enterprise Trust (The Usual Place, Dumfries)
Contact: Sandra McGrath, Early Enablement Developer 07592 383 406 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wanlockhead Museum Trust Interpretation Strategy, Wanlockhead Museum Trust
Kate Linsell - Trustee/Secretary 01452812936 email@example.com
- Whithorn Re-Build Apprenticeship scheme, Whithorn Trust
Julia Muir Watt, Chief Executive 01988 500469 firstname.lastname@example.org
These projects are designed to provide you with a structured and valuable work experience related to your recent degree studies, which will enhance your skills and experience and increase your future employability.
To be eligible to apply for these posts, you must be degree qualified, and you must have received your degree within the last 18 months, and additionally, you will also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You live in Dumfries & Galloway and graduated with your degree from any institution (including those out with Dumfries and Galloway)
- You graduated with your degree from an institution based within Dumfries and Galloway
- Your secondary education was in Dumfries and Galloway, and you graduated with your degree from any institution (including those out with Dumfries and Galloway)
- Your parents/immediate family reside in Dumfries and Galloway, and you graduated with your degree from any institution (including those out with Dumfries and Galloway
To apply for one or more of the projects, you only need to complete one application form detailing in the relevant section which project(s) you are applying for. Please complete the Application Form and submit to OD@dumgal.gov.uk by midnight on Sunday 4th September 2022.
Please note if you require any assistance to submit your application form, please contact the OD team on 07826 908 457 or by emailing OD@dumgal.gov.uk
Our Graduate Assessment Centre will be held on Monday 26th September 2022 at The Bridge, Dumfries. If you are unable to make this date, please contact the OD team prior to submitting an application.