- Ancrum Outdoor Education Centre, 10 Ancrum Road, DD2 2HZ
- £21,453 - £23,421 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Leisure & Culture Dundee is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) SC042421. It was established by Dundee City Council in July 2011 to deliver leisure, sports, library, information and cultural services for the city.
You will be based at Ancrum Outdoor Centre which is part of Leisure and Sport Section of Leisure and Culture Dundee. You shall work 37 hours per week from Ancrum Centre as your main office base from Monday -Friday 9am-5pm, however hours shall vary to meet service demands.
You will be expected to deliver a number of active travel projects to the primary and secondary school children within Dundee City and promote active travelling through walking, scooting and cycling initiatives before, during and after school and support the delivery of the ongoing Bikeability project being run.
This post is fixed term for 12 months.
SVQ3/HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject area.
- To deliver active travel projects to the schools within Dundee City and promote active travel (cycling, scooting and walking) to and from schools and independent journeys during leisure time.
- To support staff and volunteers promoting active travel within the school community.
- To harness local authority resources available for active travel and to make links between schools, external partners and the cycle industry.
- Ensure there is capacity for expanding the project to engage with the local community.
- To support the development of Cycling Scotland’s Bikeability Programme in Dundee City schools. Focusing on Level 2 on-road cycle training in Primary schools (P6 or P7) and delivering an increase in the National Standard and participation of Cycle Training.
- To promote and measure the effectiveness of relevant Traffic and Network active travel hard (infrastructure) and soft measure projects.
You will have experience of dealing with the general public and members of staff, as well as experience and knowledge of working with and engaging volunteers.
You must be computer literate, with good IT skills in Microsoft Office applications and an operational knowledge of social media. You will have excellent organisational skills, and be a good team player who understands the need to work collaboratively with colleagues and external partners.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this role, along with the ability to prioritise your own workload.
You will have the ability to ride a bike and be lead participant in physical activity sessions relating to active travel.
You must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends when required, and hold a full driving licence.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Children and/or Protected Adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by Leisure & Culture Dundee.