- The Johnnie Walker Bond, 15 Strand Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 1HU
- £88,165 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
The post holder will provide vision, leadership and have operational responsibility for the delivery and strategic development of Wellbeing, Mental Health, Learning Disability and Drugs and Alcohol while working collaboratively with the Partnership Senior Management Team to achieve the objectives of the Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP).
The post holder will lead the development of the strategic vision for the organisation and medium and long-term planning for the achievement of operational success across the whole HSCP agenda. This includes responsibility for corporate and strategic planning, including leading the development of East Ayrshire HSCP Strategic Plan and the Wellbeing priority of East Ayrshire Community Plan 2015-30. In fulfilling this role the post holder will significantly contribute to the development of NHS Ayrshire and Arran’s Strategic Plan and modernisation agenda, Caring for Ayrshire, and Annual Operating Plan.
In particular objectives include:
- Delivery of all aspects of strategic and operational planning and lead, develop and deliver a comprehensive performance management system for the HSCP.
- Delivery of local and national outcomes through a strategic commissioning approach.
- Seek to achieve healthier, happier, resilient, longer lives for individuals and communities, mitigating poverty, vulnerabilities and inequalities.
- Promote approaches which are rights based, enable a voice, learn from lived and living experience, built around families, relationships and self-directed supp
- Empower individuals and communities, designing services around place with multi-disciplinary, multi-agency working.
- Delivering services which are safe, compassionate, high quality and continuously improving across Wellbeing, Mental Health, Learning Disability and Drugs and Alcohol.
- Transforming health and care services to maintain a focus on health of the population and preventative approaches and ensuring this is incorporated in service and corporate plans.
- Taking a lead role in workforce planning in relation to mapping service change, defining the required workforce, sourcing availability and implementing solutions for the Wellbeing and Recovery service area.
- Delivering quality, effective and responsive care that is personal to the individual in directly delivered, commissioned and partnership provided services.
- Achieving employee and community influence, engagement and ownership.
- Delivering on the public protection agenda for the HSCP.
- Developing and fostering good working relationships with other Chief Officers of the NHS and Local Authority.
- Leading strong and meaningful cross department engagement at local, regional and national level on the implementation of the National Care review (known as The Promise), and associated 10 year implementation plan.
- Leading strong and meaningful engagement at local, regional and national level on the implementation issues such as National Care Service, mental health, suicide prevention and drug deaths.
- Leading on the development of trauma aware, informed and responsive practice across the service area.
- Developing place based approaches that align to Caring for Ayrshire and maximise opportunities afforded by the Ayrshire Growth Deal and community wealth building.
- Promote, deliver and integrate the Council and NHS key objectives; specifically in relation to the Community Plan, Shared Commitments, Single Outcome Agreement and Best Value.
Further information can be found here
The duties of the post involve Regulated Work with children and/or protected adults, as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Successful applicants for such posts will be required to become a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme member in respect of Regulated Work with either or both of these groups as appropriate, or if they are already a Scheme member, be subject to a PVG Scheme Record Update, before any formal offer of employment can be made by East Ayrshire Council.
Please note:- PVG members' records are constantly updated with any new vetting information that arises. Any information that is disclosed on a PVG Scheme Record or Scheme Record Update, if relevant to the post being applied for, will be discussed with the applicant prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
We follow the national guidance in relation to pre-employment checks namely “Safer Recruitment Through Better Recruitment”. With regards to requests for references and in line with this guidance, during your application process you should provide details of a minimum of two appropriate and relevant references, one of which should be from your current or most recent employer. It is also a requirement that the reference from your current or most recent employer is from an appropriate senior manager and it is not a reference from a former peer operating at the same level.
This is a permanent full time post based within the Health and Social Care Partnership at The Johnnie Walker Bond, Kilmarnock .
EAC Salary £88,165 within East Ayrshire Council Terms and Conditions.
NHS Salary Band 8D - £85,811 - £89,732 within NHS Terms and Conditions.
The successful candidate will have the option of being appointed on either NHS Ayrshire & Arran or East Ayrshire Council terms or conditions.