- Various Locations In East Dunbartonshire, G66 1XT
- £23,851.44 - £27,592.49 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Hours: 35 hours per week, Term Time contract (41 weeks per year)
Based: Lenzie Academy
Please note that salary will be pro-rated for term time hours.
In partnership with East Dunbartonshire Leisure & Culture Trust, Lenzie Rugby Club and Scottish Rugby, Lenzie Academy are looking for a dynamic, hardworking and innovative individual to fill the post of School of Rugby Programme Co-ordinator.
As Programme Co-ordinator you will be required to implement, further develop and co-ordinate the School of Rugby programme at Lenzie Academy, working with a range of partners including Lenzie Rugby Club, volunteers, Active Schools, EDLC and other local schools, including feeder primary schools and local secondary schools.
The successful candidate should have completed Scottish Rugby’s ‘Aspiring Coaching Programme’ or if not yet secured a place must possess UKCC Level 2 or equivalent. Possession of World Rugby Coach Educator or Scottish Rugby Coach Developer would be an advantage. You must be highly motivated, enthusiastic, customer focused and possess excellent interpersonal skills. Applicants must possess the relevant sports qualifications or be able to demonstrate a certain degree of experience in a leisure related discipline.
The post will follow a 41 week, Term Time contract and involves evening and weekend work to reflect the needs of the service. PVG Scheme Membership is essential.
This is a fixed term contract until 31st July 2022.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.