- St Helens Primary School, 27 Wester Cleddens Road, Bishopbriggs, G64 1EH
- £20,822.11 - £23,468.21 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 21 hours per week
This position has expired.
Please note that salary will be pro-rated for part-time and term-time hours.
An opportunity has arisen for an Administrative Assistant based at St Helen’s Primary School working 21 hours per week, term time.
Duties will include supervision of clerical staff and providing admin support to the SMT and will include but are not limited to word processing, tasks associated with the maintenance of all school records in relation to pupils and staff, telephone, reception duties, distribution of school mail, dealing with pupil enquiries and attending to welfare needs of pupils.
You must have experience of working within an office environment and excellent organisational and IT skills are essential. You should be able to work as part of a team and enjoy a variety of tasks within your remit.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria.
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.