- Location: Broomhill Depot, Kilsyth Road, Kirkintilloch, G66 1TF
- Salary: £32,994.19 - £38,195.16 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
East Dunbartonshire Council are recruiting for a City Deal Officer to support the development and implementation of a range of key regeneration projects which will be directed by the Council’s approved City Deal Strategic Business Case. The successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of sustainable transport focused projects. This will include overall project management, procurement, partnership working, external funding, and consultation. A technical background in roads and sustainable transportation in an urban context is preferable but not essential. Previous applicants need not apply.
The role involves:
• Initiating, developing and managing a range of infrastructure projects aimed at improving active travel;
• Liaising, consulting and engaging with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
• Delivering key transport projects that support economic development, accessibility and encourage a change in travel behaviour.
The successful candidate should be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or have extensive demonstrable skills, knowledge, experience and competence in project management and urban design.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.