Clerical Assistant - Bishopbriggs AcademyFavourite
|Closes:||Friday, 26th January 2018|
|Published:||Friday, 12th January 2018|
|Location:||Bishopbriggs Academy, Wester Cleddens Road, Bishopbriggs|
|Salary:||£16,442.35 - £18,504.49 per year|
|Hours:||35.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Term Time Full Time|
|Organisation:||East Dunbartonshire Council|
|Category:||Administration / Clerical / Secretarial|
|Sub-category:||General Administration Assistant|
This post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
For Part-Time and Term-Time Positions Salary will be prorated
Based in Bishopbriggs Academy, you will be part of the clerical team and provide clerical duties as detailed in the attached Role Profile.
You will deal with pupils, staff and visitors to the school and, in addition will undertake various clerical tasks as required by the School Support Manager.
You will also carry out various duties associated with the maintenance of all school records using SEEMIS Click & Go. You must have experience of working within a busy office environment and possess excellent IT skills. You must have good communication and interpersonal skills, be literate, numerate and you should be able to work as part of a team and apply yourself to a variety of tasks within your remit.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
CHARTER OF COMMITMENT
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.