- Broomhill Depot, Kilsyth Road, Kirkintilloch, G66 1TF
- £22,011.94 - £24,809.25 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
As a forward thinking Council, committed to delivering the best possible services to the people of East Dunbartonshire, we are currently looking to recruit Craft Semi Skilled Labourer to join our in-house trade team. We currently provide Repairs and
Maintenance services across our housing portfolio as well as undertaking Capital Investment works, Major Adaptations and Refurbishments. The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of Reactive Maintenance, Drainage, Fencing, slabbing of Pathways and our any duties in relation to the related works and undertake.
Candidates should have demonstrate experience of the key areas of the role profile, be an excellent communicator and be prepared to work flexibly within a fast paced and dynamic environment.
The successful candidate must have a full driving licence and be willing to participate in an out of hours stand-by/emergency service.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role before applying, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitmnt
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.