- Location: Broomhill Depot, Kilsyth Road, Kirkintilloch, G66 1TF
- Salary: £27,191.01 - £31,461.28 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
As a forward thinking Council, committed to delivering the best possible services to the people of East Dunbartonshire, we have a supportive and respectful working environment, where ideas and personal contribution are encouraged and employee development is promoted. We now have an exciting, challenging but rewarding opportunity for an Equalities Officer.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for reducing inequality and enjoy writing, researching, interpreting, reporting and advising on policy relating to the corporate equalities function. You will have knowledge and understanding of the equality and diversity policy landscape and be able to coordinate duties across council departments and community planning partners. As a key member of the community planning and partnership team, you will be able to demonstrate previous experience of relationship building and partnership working and will have the skills, commitment and personal qualities necessary to drive this vital area of work.
Key areas of work will include Equalities Outcomes and Mainstreaming reporting, Socioeconomic duty (also known as Fairer Scotland), equality impact assessments (EglA) and supporting the work of local equality forums.
Reporting directly to the Team Leader Community Planning and Partnerships, you will ensure that the Public Sector Equality Duties are met in line with the Equality Act 2010.
For an informal Discussion on this post please contact Fiona Wilson, Team Leader Community Planning & Partnerships on 0300 1234510.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.