- Southbank House, Southbank Business Park, Kirkintilloch, G66 1NH
- £23,851.44 - £27,592.49 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
This post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
We have an exciting opportunity to fill the role of Family Support Worker on a permanent basis within our Community Support Team in the Social Work Children and Families Team.
The post holder will work as part of the Community Support Team delivering services to vulnerable children and young people in the community. This includes a range of practical, personal and emotional supports and ensure that assessed needs of the children are met.
The post holder will facilitate and supervise contact for looked after children and young people with their families.
The post holder will work within the framework of Getting It Right For Every Child and participate and contribute in parenting assessments.
The post holder will work closely in partnership with our colleagues across the sectors and will attend multi-agency meetings.
The post holder will work on a flexible rota to ensure service delivery 5/7.
If you require any more information please contact Donna MacInnes (Team Manager) or Lianne Price 0141 777 3000.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.