- Southbank Marina, Southbank Business Park, Kirkintilloch, Glasgow, G66 1XQ
- £28,577.93 - £33,067.19 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the HR&OD Team at East Dunbartonshire Council for a motivated individual with an excellent knowledge of an integrated HR & Payroll System, preferably, MHR’s iTrent software, to continue to develop our system to ensure it reaches its full potential.
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the organisational structures and ensuring that source data is kept up-to-date and accurate. From this starting point, you will support the wider Organisational Transformation team by providing reports and statistics from the system to ensure an excellent level of service delivery is maintained.
To meet the Council’s commitment to maximising digitalisation, the role will also require the successful applicant to be involved in managing user accounts and developing training guides for employees and managers. Following the full implementation of the automated processes, you will continue to engage will all system users to ensure maximum benefits are achieved.
To be successful in this role you will need to have excellent communication and data analytical skills as well as a sound knowledge and understanding of transaction HR processes. You will be improvement focussed and will be able to prioritise competing demands.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Alistair McDonald, HROD Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.