- Southbank House, Southbank Business Park, Kirkintilloch, G66 1NH
- £39,764.57 - £44,783.05 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
East Dunbartonshire Council are looking to recruit an ICT Support Leader for our fast paced technical support team.
Our support team has been reorganised and supports both Corporate and Education services, comprising of around 23 thousand users and 10 thousand devices.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to lead a team of highly skilled technical analysts and advisers, whilst developing a suite of ICT support tools and systems vital to maintaining council services.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the team in supporting the Council’s ICT operations
- Ensure high levels of service availability and the resolution of incidents and problems
- Ensure the team maintain a professional and customer focused approach
- Regularly monitor and analyse feedback from customers
- Monitor and report on team performance through analysis of statistics on the Council’s helpdesk system
What you need:
- Supervisory experience within a support team
- Experience of working to service level agreements in a ITIL environment
- High degree of technical knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills
- Customer focused approach to service delivery
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Generous holidays
- Flexible working approach reflecting our commitment to supporting a positive work-life balance
This post is subject to Basic Disclosure Scotland clearance.
Please see the attached role profile for further information. If you have any questions regarding this position please contact Robert Barbour, ICT Services Team Leader on 0141 578 8253 or Robert.email@example.com
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria.
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.