- Broomhill Depot, Kilsyth Road, Kirkintilloch, G66 1TF
- £9,559.09 - £14,338.63 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
If you are interested in joining a Council ‘working together to achieve the best with the people of East Dunbartonshire’, getting hands on work experience and a qualification, then East Dunbartonshire Council has the ideal opportunity for you to start building your career. The programme will provide you with an opportunity to work for a Council that is committed to supporting the development of our employees. You will also find a working environment that is not only supportive and respectful, but one where ideas and personal contribution are positively encouraged.
Applications are invited from residents within East Dunbartonshire or who attend an EDC secondary school, who possess qualifications at the required level and are aged between 16 and 24 years old.
Modern Apprentice Streetscene Environmental (2 year fixed term) (3 posts)
Based with our Streetscene Team you will be assisting in a range of activities to support operations including; street cleaning activities, open space and grounds maintenance activities, cemetery operations, leisure facilities, Care of Gardens service, graffiti removal, town centre operations, gritting and play areas.
Salary for 37 hour placement:- £9,559 pa 1st year rising to £14,338 in 2nd year.
Minimum Qualification requirements: Three qualifications at National 4 level or above (must include English)
Additional information in relation to Modern Apprenticeships and the SVQ element of the programme can be found at www.apprenticeships.scot
For any further information on the Modern Apprenticeship Programme please contact Julie Lambie, Learning & Development Facilitator (Early Careers) 0300 1234510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 5 June 2022
Interviews will be conducted in June/July 2022 with successful candidates commencing their Modern Apprenticeships in August 2022. Applicants may be considered for other MA roles.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.