- Broomhill Depot, Kilsyth Road, Kirkintilloch, G66 1TF
- £28,577.93 - £33,067.19 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Please note this position is temporary until May 2024.
East Dunbartonshire Council’s Development & Investment Service has a vacancy for the post of New Build Development Officer (temporary). The successful candidate will support the development and delivery of Council’s housing development programme, assist in further developing housing regeneration activity across East Dunbartonshire and contribute towards achieving the Strategic Housing Investment Plan (SHIP) with our delivery partners and other stakeholders.
The Council’s Housing Investment team provide development services on behalf of East Dunbartonshire Council’s Housing department. The team’s activities include new build housing, as well as improving the condition of existing council housing through investment in programmes of capital works.
Candidates should demonstrate experience of successfully undertaking a role in a similar housing or built environment context, have excellent communication and project management skills and capable of managing a diverse workload.
Along with the Property Maintenance, Facilities Management and Estates Management Services, the Development & Investment Service forms part of the Council’s Assets & Facilities Executive Area. The Service is also responsible for Asset Management, Major Assets Development and Capital Investment Planning alongside the delivery of Housing Investment.
For more information on the role or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact Iain Brodie, Team Leader Housing Investment, via email@example.com.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria.
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
- Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
- Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
- The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
- We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
- We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
- We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
- We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
- We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.