- Kirkintilloch Health & Care Centre, Saramago Street, Kirkintilloch, G66 3BF
- £32,994.19 - £38,195.16 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 17.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
This post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
An exciting secondment opportunity has arisen for the temporary post of NQSW Project Coordinator. This secondment is funded by the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) and will last for up to 12 months, commencing by November 2021.
The purpose of the project is to support early implementation of the NQSW Supported Year, which will be introduced across Scotland from 2022. The main duties include developing the policy and programme for the NQSW Supported Year in East Dunbartonshire, and providing training and support to NQSWs, team managers and peer mentors.
This secondment presents a great opportunity in a professional learning & development role, with the chance to enhance skills in supporting continuous professional learning (CPL) in the workplace, policy and strategy development and partnership working with others, including NQSWs, mentors, team managers, the Practice Teacher-Placement Coordinator and the SSSC. Those who apply will require to be a registered social worker and it would be desirable if you had experience as a practice teacher.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.