- Various Locations In East Dunbartonshire, G66 1XT
- £23,851.44 - £27,592.49 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
East Dunbartonshire Council are seeking to recruit two Quality Assurance Officers who will have a critical role in delivering cleaning excellence across our estate, supporting the school communities and wider workplace cleaning inspection processes.
The Quality Assurance Officer will be part of the Quality Assurance Team within Estates and will proactively support a programme of quality assurance and inspection that will ensure East Dunbartonshire Council best practice standards for our cleaning regime across our estate. Candidates should have attention to detail and the ability to work as part of a team to deliver tangible improvements and results that meet customer expectations.
The post will be home based in the short-term and as wider restrictions permit is likely to move to a hybrid working model with time split between home, office at the Council’s Broomhill Depot, Kirkintilloch and on-site. Candidates should have access to their own car with business insurance essential.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Lorna Kavanagh – Team Leader, Quality Assurance in the first instance via firstname.lastname@example.org
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria.
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.