- Location: Broomhill Depot, Kilsyth Road, Kirkintilloch, G66 1TF
- Salary: £32,994.19 - £38,195.16 per year
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
The post is open to both external/ internal applicants. The post is full-time and temporary.
Children and Families service have a number of exciting opportunities for social workers within our service. The role will include undertaking individual assessments which identifies the needs and risks of vulnerable children and co-ordinate care packages that respond to identified need. To undertake statutory duties and contribute to the overall achievement of the Children & Families service objectives.
To promote social inclusion, work sensitively with diversity and in an anti-discriminatory way. To carry out these tasks within the framework of relevant legislation, Council Policy and procedures.
You should be registered as a social worker with the Scottish Social Services Council and hold an appropriate qualification that is recognised by the SSSC.
If you require more information about the position, please contacts firstname.lastname@example.org
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.