Squad Leader (Seasonal)Favourite
|Closes:||Friday, 23rd February 2018|
|Published:||Monday, 19th February 2018|
|Location:||Various Locations In East Dunbartonshire|
|Salary:||£22,957.24 - £26,564.81 per year|
|Hours:||37.00 hours per week|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Organisation:||East Dunbartonshire Council|
|Category:||Property / Land|
|Sub-category:||Land / Property / Planning & Management|
Seasonal Squad Leader x 3 – Streetscene
Salary / Grade; 6
Location ; Broomhill depot and various satellite depots across East Dunbartonshire
Duration ; April to November 2018
Hours ; 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
We are looking for experienced operatives to join our team in the role of seasonal squad Leader.
The successful candidates will be responsible for leading a team of operatives as required in the daily delivery of frontline services such as street cleansing, grounds maintenance and the care of gardens service.
You will be reporting to the Team Leader and working in consultation with the shift planner to ensure the successful delivery of high standards of customer service and team performance.
You will require to be enthusiastic, with a horticultural background, have proven experience of successfully leading a frontline team, and experience of working with grounds maintenance plant and associated equipment
A full driving licence with entitlement for towing trailers and CPC qualification is essential for this role.
Full job details and hours will be contained within the role profile which is available with application packs.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 21st February 2018
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.