- Kirkintilloch Learning Centre, 50 Southbank Road, Kirkintilloch, G66 1NH
- £51,903 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
This post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note this post is temporary until August 2024.
East Dunbartonshire is committed to ensuring that our schools and services provide the highest standards of attainment, achievement and equity for all our children and young people.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Education Service to play a key role in delivering the refreshed mission of the Scottish Attainment Challenge (SAC). The successful candidate will support the Education Service to improve outcomes for children and young people impacted by poverty, with a focus on tackling to poverty-related attainment gap. The post holder is required to provide and undertake professional and technical research, data analysis and advice in areas associated with the Scottish Attainment Challenge, using a programme management approach.
We are looking for someone to work across teams to build a strong data informed culture to secure continuous improvement for all learners across Early Years, Primary and Secondary.
If you would like an informal discussion in relation to this post, or more information, please contact Annamarie Conway, Interim Quality Improvement Manager on 07795603411 or email Annamarie.Conway@eastdunbarton.gov.uk
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
- Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
- Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
- The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
- We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
- We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
- We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
- We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
- We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.