Streetscene Operative (Seasonal)Favourite
|Closes:||Friday, 23rd February 2018|
|Published:||Monday, 19th February 2018|
|Location:||Various Locations In East Dunbartonshire|
|Salary:||£20,063.47 - £22,609.99 per year|
|Hours:||37.00 hours per week|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Organisation:||East Dunbartonshire Council|
|Category:||Property / Land|
|Sub-category:||Land / Property / Planning & Management|
Seasonal Streetscene Operatives x 16
Salary / Grade ; 5
Location ; Broomhill depot and various satellite depots across East Dunbartonshire
Duration ; April to November 2018
Hours ; 37 hours per week
Applications are invited from experienced and qualified persons, for the above seasonal positions.
This role will include the undertaking of frontline operations to meet the councils requirements in relation to Streetscene operations involving street cleansing, cemetery operations, grounds maintenance, and the care of gardens service.
Previous experience in the use of grounds maintenance plant and associated equipment is essential for this post.
The hours of work will be 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Applicants must be flexible and able to report to any depot across East Dunbartonshire as required.
Full job details are contained within the role profile which is available with application packs.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 21st February 2018
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
See also:EAD01987 Role Profile - Seasonal Operative.doc
EAD01987 Role Profile - Seasonal Operative (Cemeteries).doc