Teacher of Physical Education - St Ninians High SchoolFavourite
|Closes:||Wednesday, 27th September 2017|
|Published:||Wednesday, 13th September 2017|
|Location:||St Ninian's High School, Bellfield Road, Kirkintilloch|
|Salary:||£26,895 - £35,763 per year|
|Hours:||35.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Organisation:||East Dunbartonshire Council|
Please note this post is a temporary 1.0 FTE to cover maternity leave, initially from 23 October 2017 until the end of session in June 2018 but will likely extend until October 2018 or until the current post holder returns. It is desirable that candidates are also able to teach Dance.
WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION NO LATER THAN 21.00 HOURS ON THE CLOSING DATE
Please note you will be asked to provide the names of two referees when you apply for this post, these are not required.
You should print off the role profile and reference form and give them to your Head Teacher for completion.
It is also important to include the reference number of the post on the Report Form. The reference should then be submitted to: Paul McLaughlin, Head Teacher, PMcLaughlin@stninians.e-dunbarton.sch.uk prior to the closing date
or mail to:
St Ninian's High School
FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN APPLICATION BEING EXCLUDED FROM SHORTLEETING.
CHARTER OF COMMITMENT
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
See also:EAD01733 Role Profile.doc
EAD01733 School Profile.doc
Approval Applicant Guidance Notes.pdf
Approval Form A.doc
Approval Form B.doc
CATHOLIC SCHOOLS CHARTER.pdf
Diocesan Contacts for Approval.pdf