- Location: Kirkintilloch Learning Centre, 50 Southbank Road, Kirkintilloch, G66 1NH
- Salary: £32,034.00 - £40,206.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the specialist education provision available for young people in East Dunbartonshire.
Based within the Central Team in Kirkintilloch, your job will be to support children and young people within Early Years and Primary across East Dunbartonshire Council.
We are looking for someone who will help to support schools to provide educational opportunities for young people. This will include both outreach work and to work closely with mainstream schools and establishments to help ensure young people at risk of exclusion are supported to remain in mainstream settings where possible.
We are looking for someone who will preferably have additional qualifications in additional support needs and has knowledge of approaches to managing challenging pupil behaviour.
Please note this position is a re-advertisement therefore previous applicants need not apply.
WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION NO LATER THAN 21.00 HOURS ON THE CLOSING DATE
Please note you will be asked to provide the names of two referees when you apply for this post, these are not required.
You should print off the role profile and reference form and give them to your Head Teacher for completion. It is also important to include the reference number of the post on the Report Form.
The reference should then be submitted to: Jackie Swan, Additional Support Needs Manager, email: email@example.com prior to the closing date or mail to:
Additional Support Needs Service Manager
50 Southbank Road
FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN APPLICATION BEING EXCLUDED FROM SHORTLEETING.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.