- Southbank Marina, Southbank Business Park, Kirkintilloch, Glasgow, G66 1XQ
- £21,625.07 - £24,271.17 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
An exciting opportunity has arisen working within School Planning and Improvement Team within the Education Service.
The role involves supporting the Workforce Planning Coordinators to deliver the workforce needs of the Education Service, with the provision of operational services to Education establishments and the wider Education Services. The role supports the administration of supply teachers, vacancies, recruitment, teacher induction programme and student placements within schools. A key area of this role is also supporting the implementation of the relevant policies and procedures of the School Planning & Improvement Team. The successful post holder will also work to assist with the continual delivery of the success of the Education Service.
The Workforce Planning Support Officer will contribute to the School Planning & Improvement Team objectives and will also support the performance of the wider Education Team as a whole, contributing to the overall success of the Council.
Please view the role profile for further detail of the duties involved in this post.
For an informal discussion on this post, please contact Gavin Haire, School Planning & Improvement Manager 07917 263278 or email Gavin.Haire@eastdunbarton.gov.uk
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria.
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
- Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
- Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
- The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
- We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
- We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
- We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
- We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
- We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.