Senior Road & Bridge Design Officer
- Abbotsford House, Davids Loan, Bainsford, FK2 7YZ
- £36,944 - £40,243 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
Our Council of the Future builds on the fact that Falkirk Council is well respected, has a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement and we take our community leadership role very seriously.
This is an opportunity for a talented individual to play a key role in the delivery of Road Design & Active Travel projects across the Falkirk Council area.
The postholder will carry out feasibility, design, contract preparation, site supervision and project management of relevant schemes. Projects range from road safety schemes such as junction improvements, to design & implementation of new active travel routes throughout the Council area. The role also includes liaising with internal & external stakeholders & clients throughout projects. As a Senior officer, you will assist other members of the team with workload and development.
You will hold an HNC in Civil Engineering (or equivalent discipline), will be a member of a relevant institution and you will have knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, design, procurement and implementation of Roads Design & Active Travel projects.
You are required to be flexible, innovative and reactive to public demands and pressures.
- We understand the need to work flexibly, with hybrid working offered.
- This role includes flexi-time
- Development Programmes for career development
- Local Authority pension scheme
- 27 days annual leave (increasing each year) & 8 public holidays
- Benefits portal with a range from local to national businesses