- North Street, GLENROTHES, KY7 5LT
- £36,547.97 - £40,245.94 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
Not all Fife Council job vacancies are advertised here. Please visit www.fife.gov.uk/jobs to view all our current vacancies. While you are visiting www.fife.gov.uk/jobs, why not sign up for 'Job Alerts' and we will email you when we advertise a vacancy that you may be interested in.
Refer to our FAQ page if you require further guidance.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled and enthusiastic individual to coordinate the delivery of the Council’s UK Shared Prosperity Investment Plan. This is a cross council role, working with project officers in several Services but situated within Fife Council’s Business & Employability Service.
We are looking for a motivated and driven individual with good values and a genuine interest in economic, community and place development and best practice project management.
This role leads and co-ordinates the development and delivery of the projects that make up the UK Shared Prosperity Investment Plan, working with relevant stakeholders and delivery leads.
The role is crucial for creating and maintaining strategic focus, ongoing alignment, and momentum in delivery of the investment plan.
The role will influence, monitor, and report on project progress - including time, cost, and quality parameters and identify / address risks & issues from inception through to completion.
Key areas of work include:
- Leading and co-ordinating the work of development and design teams/contractors/ specialist consultants for new projects within the UK Shared Prosperity Investment Programme in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Shaping project design, quality and cost options (with technical support and advice from other Council Services or external design teams) to meet project/programme objectives.
- Influencing, monitoring, and reporting on project progress - including time, cost and quality parameters - and identifying / addressing risks & issues from inception through to completion.
- Leading and ensuring delivery on budget, to time frames and to plan.
- Adopting a systematic and timely approach to preparing/completing project documentation from business case through risk management to post completion evaluation.
- Developing funding packages to support the provision of new or enhanced projects, including seeking out and preparing bids for internal and external funding sources.
If you meet the essential qualification criteria outlined below, we’d like to hear from you:
- Educated to SCQF level 7, which includes an HNC or SVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as Institute of Economic Development (IED) or Economic Development Association Scotland (EDAS)
- Ability to provide a regular and effective service. Able to travel to sites around Fife.
- Experience of managing budgets
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and liaise effectively with key staff operating in a multi-disciplinary environment, including consultants
- Experience of coordinating multi-disciplinary projects
Desirable criteria include:
- Qualification in Project management.
- Knowledge of current and future economic policy issues and trends.
We are currently shaping our future workstyles however, in light of current advice, we are introducing blended home/office working that will include office access days each week with homeworking for the remainder of your working time.
For further information please contact: Morag Millar, firstname.lastname@example.org