- Location: Various Locations
- Salary: £18,847.00 - £21,193.00 per year pro rata
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 20 hours per week
This position has expired.
Interview Date: Week commencing 2 November 2020
The job pack for this vacancy is attached at the bottom of the page. It provides more detailed information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
For 'Helpful Hints' when applying to work for us and details of our How We Work Matters Behaviour Framework, please click here.
Search for more 'Fife Council Jobs' on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
An exciting opportunity to join a highly motivated team of care workers.
You will promote social inclusion and offer opportunities for people with disabilities in a range of community settings. Support service users by increasing their social and independent living skills in their own home in a person-centered way that promotes the principles of social inclusion.
Generous employee benefits which include
- Competitive salary of £10.04 per hour rising to £11.29 per hour following yearly increments.
- For hours worked between (20:00 – 07:00 Monday to Friday and all of Saturday and Sunday) payment will be at time and a third.
- For the sleeping period of a sleep-in shift you will be paid at £8.51 per hour.
- For hours worked on a public holiday the hourly rate will be double time and a day in lieu or treble time with no day in lieu.
- For wakened night shift working you will be paid time and a third.
- For part time workers there will be the option to pick up extra shifts when they become available.
- Occupational pension with Employer contributions- which includes death in service benefit (life assurance)
- The Council’s commitment to the effective induction of new employees.
- On the job ‘coaching’ and regular 1:1 supervision meetings with your line manager
- Service Induction
- Paid Annual leave of 33 days each year (including Public Holidays)
- Employee’s with 5 or more years’ service will receive 37 days Annual leave (Including Public Holidays)
- Access to training and qualifications specific to your role.
Duties include all aspects of Personal Care and Moving and Handling tasks including pushing and pulling of wheelchairs, flexibility will be required in the way the days/hours are worked for each post dependent on the needs of service users. The successful candidate will work on a Rota basis which includes days, evening, weekends, sleep-overs and awakened night shifts, including Public holidays.
Must have, or be willing to achieve in the first period of registration, the Social Services and Healthcare SCQF6 SVQ2 or equivalent to meet Scottish Social Services Council registration.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain PVG scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland
You will have experience/awareness of Scottish Social Services Council Social Care Standards and the SSSC’s Codes of Practice. https://www.sssc.uk.com/the-scottish-social-services-council/sssc-codes-of-practice/
For an informal chat about the role and for further information, please contact: George Alexander, Lead Officer 03451 55 55 55 ext: 402076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org