Clerical Assistant (FIF06213)Favourite
|Closes:||Sunday, 22nd January 2017|
|Published:||Tuesday, 10th January 2017|
|Location:||Pitlessie Primary School|
|Salary:||£16,838 - £18,959 per year Pro Rata|
|Hours:||18.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Term Time Part Time|
|Category:||Administration / Clerical / Secretarial|
|Sub-category:||General Administration Assistant|
Contract Type: Temporary until 30 June 2017
Working Pattern: Monday - Wednesday 6 hours per day (Monday and Tuesday at Pitlessie Primary and 1 day at Craigrothie)
Interview Date: Week commencing 30 January 2017
To provide front line clerical support at a School, acting as first point of contact for staff and visitors. Assist the Administrative Assistant with all aspects of the day to day running of the office. You will have an individual responsibility for keeping up to date with changes in procedures and technology.
Fife Council pays the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate to employees earning less than £8.33 per hour. If the hourly rate of pay for the post is less than the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate a supplement will be paid.
4 Standard Grades (Grade level 3) or equivalent including English and Mathematics.
Previous experience within an administrative environment.
Microsoft Office experience.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland
This post is subject to a disclosure check which will be undertaken by Disclosure Scotland.
Under the direction and supervision of the Admin Assistant or Senior member of staff, you may be required to undertake any of the following tasks which may be delegated to Clerical Assistants. It is not intended as a complete list of tasks that a Clerical Assistant could perform, nor is it intended that a single Clerical Assistant would be able to take on all these tasks.
- Provide clerical support under the supervision of the Admin Assistant in the operational aspect of establishment/office activities and issues, such as: photocopying, producing professional office documents including letters, memos, notices, spreadsheets, minutes etc.
- Provide an efficient clerical/banking service in respect of trips, uniforms, etc.
- Record and maintain accurate records of outgoing mail on daily basis
- Assist in the maintenance of efficient office systems to enable prompt retrieval of data, completion of returns, as required
- Assist in the operational aspects of the recruitment and selection process in relation to the Council’s guidelines, as directed by the Admin Co-ordinator.
- Ensure that staff supply cover is arranged by assisting in the processing of requests through the supply messaging system.
- Efficient completion of appropriate ITrent payroll forms in relation to the school’s establishment, and return to the Headquarters Employee Resources team.
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
Excellent time management skills and organisational skills.
Excellent word processing and ICT skills.
Ability to cope under pressure
Ability to respond appropriately to conflicting and competing demands
Ability to respond positively to change
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Empathy towards children
Health & Physical Attributes
Ability to provide regular and effective service.
In Fife Council How We Work Matters and you will be responsible for being a role model by displaying and promoting behaviours that are expected of all Council employees:
• Take ownership
• Focus on customers
• Work together
• Embrace technology & information
• Deliver results
For Further Information Please Contact:: Til Peter, 03451 555 555 Ext 496708 or Til.email@example.com
See also:Clerical Assistant Job Profile.pdf
Education & Children's Services Directorate Information.docx
RR82 TandCs March 2015.doc