- 1 Bankhead Park, GLENROTHES, KY7 6GH
- £18,847 - £21,193 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
All of our job vacancies are advertised at www.fife.gov.uk/jobs
- To operate the computerised booking and dispatch system for Fife Bus Services. To establish eligibility of people requesting to use Fife Bus Services. To be responsible for registering new passengers capturing all relevant data to allow their safe transportation. Having a comprehensive knowledge of the problems and sensitivities involved in exploring limitations to movement caused by physical, mental and sensory impairments and arranging any necessary risk assessments.
- To respond to all telephone, postal and internet/intranet bookings for Fife Bus Services. Ensure prompt dispatch of vehicles and Drivers for Fife Bus Operations ensuring the most cost-effective option is used to provide the transport solution. Production of Drivers’ Manifests. Handling base to bus communication.
- Dealing with information from driving staff regarding anticipatory care of passengers using the service. Occasional driving may be required. Recording and reporting any comments or complaints made by passengers.
- Liaise with Fleet Services re vehicle availability.
- To assess passenger journeys making appropriate changes to accommodate additional bookings. Participating in the development of risk assessment pertaining to both the vehicle and individuals to be transported.
- Adhering to Fife Bus Operating Procedures at all times. Undertaking all training as directed by the service.
- Due to the nature of the passengers transported by Fife Bus, the jobholder will also be responsible for dealing with areas of possible conflict being able to care for and deal with other people who may be upset or unwell, difficult, frail, confused or who have special needs. This will require the jobholder to have a calming nature and deal with such situations to an amicable resolve or to refer these on to the Transportation Advisor (DRT).
- Whilst the jobholder does not have direct supervisory responsibility for others he/she will be required to provide on-the-job familiarisation for new members of staff by acting as a ‘buddy’. This can be up to a period of 4 weeks or more, providing on the job knowledge to a new start on all aspects of the Dispatch function.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise objectives, meet deadlines and respond positively under pressure. Ensure a customer-orientated approach with the emphasis on customer care and a service responsible to public needs presenting a sympathetic and friendly manner whilst ensuring confidentiality. Finding solutions to logistical problems can be complex and requires the application of a range of skills and techniques. It is necessary to achieve customer satisfaction.
You will be required to be interested in working with vulnerable adults and children, have a caring and patience manner and be capable of using your own initiative. You must have experience of working in a front-line customer focussed environment with good analytical and logistical skills whilst also possessing an excellent telephone manner. You must have the ability to use Microsoft Office and other specialist computer based systems.
You may be required to obtain a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership or Disclosure Check for this role.