- Location: Fife House 06, KY7 5LT
- Salary: £32,944.00 - £36,473.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Interview Date: 16 December 2019
The job pack for this vacancy is attached at the bottom of the page. It provides more detailed information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
For 'Helpful Hints' when applying to work for us and details of our How We Work Matters Behaviour Framework, please click here.
Search for more 'Fife Council Jobs' on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial
The postholder will provide a range of services to support businesses, developers and organisations interested in Investing in Fife; they will help promote Fife as a location for investment, target investment from key industry sectors and assist with the management of major investment projects.
- Act as first point of contact for company and developer enquiries,
- Undertake the development and management of investment projects
- Develop programmes of activities that aim to attract investment and activity from key industry sectors
- Promote Fife as an opportunity for investment including the development of sectoral propositions and activity
- Develop and deliver promotional and networking events with businesses and the development community
- Lead on the development of promotional activity to promote Fife; highlight key sectors and major projects.
- Support the development and promotion of Fife as a centre for low carbon and renewable energy technologies
Candidates should have:
- A Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience (e.g. Economics , Business Administration, etc)
- Full membership of related professional body
- A minimum of 3 years experience in relevant economic/ business development; research or marketing in the public or private sector
- Experience of dealing with private sector businesses, consultants and members of the public
- Good negotiating skills
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner
- Ability to meet agreed deadlines
- Highly developed written and oral communication
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually
- Good working knowledge of related current legislation, government guidance and practices
- Event organisation and management
- Ability to undertake research and analysis of economic data
- Computer literate
- Ability to co-ordinate multi-disciplinary project implementation teams
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and respond positively when under pressure
For further information, please contact: George Sneddon, service Manager – Economic Development Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 03451555555 ext 492181