- North Street, Glenrothes, KY7 5LT
- £34,614.51 - £38,312.49 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
Not all our vacancies are advertised here, please visit www.fife.gov.uk/jobs for all our current opportunities.
You will enforce the provisions of various statutes in assisting the Service Manager and Lead Officers in the discharge of Environmental Health functions.
Working within the Environmental Health (Public Protection) Team, you will be required to work on your own and with other team members, to carry out the duties and functions of the team. You will also work with and refer to a range of other Council services and partner organisations.
The main roles of the post will be to carry out the operational and administrative duties within the remit of Environmental Health as allocated to you, including:
- the investigation and enforcement of alleged contraventions of nuisance legislation.
- the inspection of businesses and/or properties in line with statutory requirements for animal welfare.
- Providing an expert response to various consultations from the likes of - Planning, SEPA, Scottish Government, etc.
- Organising funerals under the Burial and Cremation (Scotland) Act 2016.
Working out with normal hours is required, including participation in Standby Service covering out of hours incidents & attendance at public meetings etc.
You should have a BSc (Hons) or MSC in Environmental Health and a Diploma in Environmental Health from The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland or equivalent. Applications are also welcome from those sitting their REHIS exams in September 2022.
For further information please contact: Don Taylor - firstname.lastname@example.org