- Location: Fife House 06, KY7 5LT
- Salary: £33,939.00 - £37,562.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Interview Date: Wednesday 2 December 2020
To enforce the provisions of various statues in assisting the Service Manager and Lead Officers in the discharge of Environmental Health functions.
Working within the Environmental Health (Food & Workplace Safety) team, the successful candidate will be required to work on their own and with other team members, to carry out the duties and functions of the team. They will also work with and refer to a range of other Council services and partner organisations.
The job pack for this vacancy is attached at the bottom of the page. It provides more detailed information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
For 'Helpful Hints' when applying to work for us and details of our How We Work Matters Behaviour Framework, please click here.
Search for more 'Fife Council Jobs' on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
The main roles of the post will be to carry out the operational and administrative duties within the remit of the Environmental Health (Food & Workplace Safety) Team as allocated to you, including the investigation and enforcement of alleged contraventions of legislation and the inspection of businesses in line with statutory requirements. Working outwith normal hours is required, including participation in Standby Service covering out of hours incidents & attendance at public meetings etc.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain a Basic Disclosure check through Disclosure Scotland.
The candidate is required to have a BSc (Hons) or MSC in Environmental Health and a Diploma in Environmental Health from The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland or equivalent.
The candidate is expected to have:
- Extensive knowledge of Environmental Health subject material as it relates to food and workplace safety
- Knowledge of other Environmental Health legislation
- Detailed knowledge of Enforcement Procedures as they relate to Environmental Health issues
- Ability to meet targets and work to deadlines
- Sound organisational ability
- Rational, methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work, and lead, effectively within a Team
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent communicator
For further information please contact: Lisa McCann on 03451 55 55 55 ext 493589 or e-mail - Lisa.McCann@fife.gov.uk or contact Lorna Starkey on 03451 55 55 55 ext 446919 or e-mail Lorna.firstname.lastname@example.org