Pupil Support Assistant Level 2 (FIF09672)Favourite
|Closes:||Thursday, 1st February 2018|
|Published:||Thursday, 18th January 2018|
|Location:||Kennoway Primary School|
|Salary:||£17,176 - £19,297 per year Pro Rata|
|Hours:||25.00 hours per week|
|Position Type:||Term Time Part Time|
Contract Type: Temporary until 29 June 2018
Work Pattern: Monday-Friday 5 hours per day
Interview Date: Week commencing 12 February 2018
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the attached Job Pack. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for. The main terms and conditions of employment are also available via the above link
Under the direction and supervision of a class teacher or senior member of staff, you will assist the class teacher by supporting children and young people who have been identified as requiring additional support. Supporting an effective learning and teaching environment through inclusive practice.
Fife Council pays the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate to employees earning less than £8.51 per hour. If the hourly rate of pay for the post is less than the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate a supplement will be paid.
- 2 National 4’s, or 2 Standard Grades General, or 2 O Grades or equivalent (SCQF Level 4 or above). Please refer to http://www.scqf.org.uk/framework-diagram/Framework.htm.
- NC in Early Education and Childcare at SCQF Level 6 or SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) at SCQF Level 6 or Professional Development Award in Education Support Assistance at SCQF Level 6 or equivalent or, a commitment to achieve in the first period of registration as required by the Employer. Failure to gain this qualification will mean you can no longer be employed in this role. Further details can be found at www.sssc.uk.com or from a Headteacher (Please note this is for Early Learning Centres/Primary and Special schools only).
- Ability to register with SSSC within 6 months of taking up employment in this role (Early Learning Centres/Primary and Special schools only) and must complete the required Post Registration Training and Learning (PRTL) over the registration period.
- Basic IT Skills.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland, in addition to which you will be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council within 6 months of taking up employment.
As a Pupil Support Assistant 2, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting pupils/children individually or in small groups in school/curricular activities to enhance personal development e.g. in the playground/leisure activities/school outings/practical class activities.
- Supervising pupil/child self-administration of medication. Offering a level of care to enable the pupil/child to function to their full potential e.g. toileting, administrating medication in line with agreed training procedures and encouraging self- help and independence.
- Supporting pupil/child’s mobility on an emergency/short-term basis and for low level needs.
- Supervising non-teaching areas e.g. corridors and cloakrooms or pupils during non-teaching times e.g. wet playtimes, break times.
- Carrying out support programmes designed by visiting specialists e.g. speech and language programmes, physiotherapy and/or occupational therapy programmes.
- Supporting pupil(s)/children to follow instructions given by the class teacher, providing reassurance as necessary.
- Contributing to written records on the progress of pupil support programmes.
You will have the ability to demonstrate tact, sensitivity and patience within this role. The individual will have an appreciation of the range of additional needs that pupils may have e.g. communication, physical, and social, emotional, behavioural. Problem solving and communication skills are also essential for this post.
In Fife Council How We Work Matters and you will be responsible for being a role model by displaying and promoting behaviours that are expected of all Council employees:
- Take ownership
- Focus on customers
- Work together
- Embrace technology & information
- Deliver results
For Further Information Please Contact: Jil Simpson, 01334 659420 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See also:Pupil Support Assistant 2 I030.02.docx
RR82 TandCs March 2015.doc
Education & Children's Services Directorate Information.docx