- 2 Wemyssfield, KIRKCALDY, KY1 1XW
- £26,768 - £33,939 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
- This role involves a leadership & management role within our Residential Houses, it is a 5 bedded house which provides support to young people aged 11 and over.
- The successful candidate will be expected to assist the House Manager with all aspects of their role, including, provision of Supervision, oversight of a Staff Rota, Co-Ordinating Care Planning Meetings, producing Care Plans, chairing Team Meetings, finance checks.
- The successful candidate will be expected to provide a warm, nurturing and stimulating environment for young people in their care.
- The successful candidate will be expected to provide appropriate levels of supervision and attunement to young people, making themselves available to young people at times of need.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work with young people to support them to manage risk.
- The successful candidate will be expected to see beyond presenting behaviours and to demonstrate compassion and empathy.
- The successful applicant will be expected to uphold professional standards as detailed by the SSSC and the Care Inspectorate.
- Experience of working with young people who have experienced Adverse Childhood Experiences.
- An understanding of the concepts and principles of Attachment Promoting & Trauma Informed Care.
- Must be able to see beyond presenting behaviours and to display empathy, compassion and hope for young people.
- Must have an HNC Social Care and a SVQ IV (Children & Young People) or be willing to work toward these qualifications.
- Requirement to register with the SSSC.
- A full driving licence is ideally preferred, or a willingness to travel throughout Fife using public transport.
You may be required to obtain a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership or Disclosure Check for this role.