- 2 Wemyssfield, KIRKCALDY, KY1 1XW
- £46,065.09 - £50,382.51 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
Not all our vacancies are advertised here, please visit www.fife.gov.uk/jobs to view all our current vacancies.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic practitioner to manage and develop a children and family area team in the Children and Families Service in Kirkcaldy, Fife.
We are committed to prioritising and achieving best outcomes for children fully taking into account The Promise and children’s rights. In Fife we put children at the centre of everything we do and we invite applications from candidates who will share our enthusiasm.
This is an exciting time to be part of Fife Children’s Services as we review and develop our service focussing on excellence and best outcomes. We are looking for a confident, experienced and committed person to join us on our journey.
- You will be a qualified Social Worker registered with SSSC.
- You will have significant experience in children and family initial assessment/ statutory work.
- Provide evidence of relevant post qualifying awards.
- You will be able to evidence the management of a range of skills including managing people, complex casework, assessments/planning/delivery within timescales.
- Excellent presentation and organisational/time management skills are necessary along with excellent written and communication skills.
- You will be able to show an ability to develop team plans, development of the service and assessment of future resources.
- An essential skill will be your ability to lead, motivate, support and champion good practice in your team.
- Be confidently able to work effectively with colleagues and partners.
- Effectively use team performance data to monitor standards and performance and ensure compliance with practice standards and processes.
- You will be able to deliver excellence in terms of planning and developing the team with a focus on strength and relationship based practice.
- You will be able to work effectively with colleagues and partners building on new and enriching established relationships.
- Take on a key role to improve outcomes for children and ensure they reach planned destinations within timescales.
- You will directly manage a team of experienced and newly qualified social workers and social work assistants and be supported in a range of management tasks by 2 Senior Practitioners.
You may be required to obtain a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership or Disclosure Check for this role.