Glasgow City Council (GCC), its Arms Length External Organisations (ALEOs) and Glasgow Life (a charitable company owned by GCC) offer rewarding and challenging jobs and careers across a diverse range of public services.
The council, ALEOs and Glasgow Life are the main provider of services to the city's 600,000 residents and those who visit, work and do business in Glasgow.
The council is Scotland's largest local authority with 20,000 employees and a gross annual budget of more than £2.3 billion. A further 12,000 staff work for ALEOs and Glasgow Life. Services delivered include:
- Education and Social Work
- Culture and Sporting Services
- Community Safety
- Roads Maintenance and Street Lighting
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Cleaning and Refuse Collection
- Construction and Maintenance
Glasgow City Council has five key priorities for serving the city:
- Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our services
- Increasing access to lifelong learning
- Making Glasgow a cleaner, safer city
- Building a prosperous city
- Improving health and wellbeing
To help us achieve these aims, we want to inspire our employees to make a difference every day.
Find out more about Glasgow City Council, ALEOs and Glasgow Life on the Home Page.