Glasgow Life is the charity providing the support, inspiration and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
We are recruiting an Employee Relations Advisor to join our 3,000 strong team of dedicated staff and volunteers. You will work closely with the business, its employees and Trade Unions providing advice in all aspects of employment law practice. You will keep up to date with developments in employment law and practice to ensure that Glasgow Life’s policies and procedures reflect legislation and best practice. Working in conjunction with the HR Business Partners you will ensure that managers receive appropriate advice and ensure consistency in the implementation of Glasgow Life’s policies and procedures. You will be responsible for managing your own employee relations case load.
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience:
• Strong experience in an Employee Relations advisory role
• Experience of providing advice to employees and managers on company policies and procedures
• Experience of managing complex cases in relation to disciplinaries, grievances and capability
• Experience of working with Trade Unions in a unionised environment
• Sound understanding of employment law and practice
• Successful track record in a hands-on, customer led environment
• Resilient with the ability to adapt in a fast-paced and changing environment
• Excellent communicator who can build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels
• Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
We believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens and visitors of Glasgow, and if you want to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
In return we can offer a generous holiday allowance of 29 days (rising to 34 days after 5 years), plus 6.5 public holidays. You will also be eligible to join the Strathclyde pension fund, one of the largest local authority pension providers in the UK. Additional staff benefits include staff discounts, annual leave purchase scheme, flexible retirement and family friendly policies.
At Glasgow Life we value diversity and inclusion. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from BAME groups who are currently under represented in our organisation.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us